Feb 17, 2019 10:00 PM
1d 12h 31m 23s remaining
Buy Direct For: $105
Located along the edge of Biscayne Bay, the 444-acre Deering Estate is an environmental, archaeological and historical preserve. From canoe tours to butterfly walks and guided nature hikes, the Deering Estate has diverse activities for everyone to enjoy. The Estate offers daily tours of the historic houses – the Stone House and Richmond Cottage, as well as tours of the lush natural areas where fossil bones have been found as far back at 50,000 years. The Estate is part of the Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department, which manages the Estate on behalf of the State of Florida.
The Deering Estate has emerged as a thriving cultural art center, fulfilling an enduring dream of the late industrialist Charles Deering. Mr. Deering was was an avid art collector, philanthropist and amateur artist, who sought to support artists and create a cultural haven at his South Miami home.
Special Deering Adventure Tours and guided canoe trips to the offshore island of Chicken Key are available for an additional fee. Chicken Key is a seven-acre mangrove island and restored bird rookery one-mile offshore in Biscayne Bay. The island contains sand dunes and mangrove forests and is surrounded by sand bars, tidal flats, seagrass beds and rocky debris.
- Family Membership for (2) Adults and up to (4) children/grandchildren. Enjoy unlimited year-round free admission to the Deering Estate during regular operating hours.
- Membership Benefits Include:
- Quarterly Calendar of Events: intended to educate and keep members informed,
- Butterfly Walks, Bird Walks & Guided Tours: Enjoy the many regularly scheduled no-cost guided tours offered through the natural areas, historical buildings and archaeological sites.
- Special Events: Enjoy free admission to the annual Deering Seafood Festival on the Bay in addition to the Annual Members-only Cocktail Reception and discounted member ticket prices for other Foundation events.
- Members E-Notes: Register for E-Notes and you will receive invitations, announcements and Deering happenings via e-mail.
Redeemable between Mar. 1, 2019
and Mar. 1, 2020